“And of the children of Issachar, who were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do;” (1 Chronicles 12:32)
1. How does one understand the times? How are times tied to numbers, shapes, colors and symbols. It seems to be a prerequisite for knowing what to do - in the physical and in the spiritual. It is important to know that there patterns to everything especially numerical patterns.
2. Not that God can't still guide the ignorant and uniformed but those who fall in that category tend to miss what God is saying or filter it out because it does not fit with their expectations. This where most people miss it especially in the Church of Christ Jesus unlike those in the Lodges, Occult groups and Sciences.
3. The sons of Issachar believed what Genesis says that the “lights in the firmament of the heaven” were “for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years”. According to the Targum, they also “excelled in the words of the law, were endued with wisdom, and were obedient to their command”. They were masters of signs especially of numbers and of Scripture.
4. We begin to understand the times by understanding like the Issacharians that everything including the planets goes through cycles, seasons, times of change and in divisions of numbers and symbols.
5. In the rain forest, it is known as creative destruction. It is an expected phenomenon where the new is constantly working to replace the old. Something new is born, it grows, then matures but finally enters the phase where it unravels and falls into crisis before being replaced by the emerging generation.
6. Right now in the USA, we have entered the last of the four seasons, I believe. The unraveling always leads to a crisis, out of which a new version of the old emerges, but not without a lot of pain. Everything is cyclical. Read Genesis 8:22.
7. We can also understand the times (especially on how it deals with numbers) by understanding our history and learning that history repeats itself over and over again - especially in generations. Read the book of Kings. It’s like a broken record how Israel repeated the cycle of turning to God, gaining prosperity, growing complacent, falling into decadence, being severely thrashed, then turning back to God again.
For America, the thrashing is only beginning. I am not prophesying here. I am a student of the Bible and of history and of nature. That is why we study times especially of numbers and numerology.
8. It can go no other way, unless there be a wholesale repentance by those who are called by His name if we can understand the writings (numbers) on the wall and times we are in. Who us? Repent? It’s those heathens. It’s those sinners. It’s those bankers. It those politicians. NO! God puts it in our court. We are the ones called by His name and it is up to us to humble ourselves, seek His face and turn from OUR wicked ways. If we can’t admit OUR sins and turn from wickedness how can we expect the heathen to repent who have neither His name nor His power to do so?
9. If you want to know what to do, begin with understanding the times and that begins by gaining a broader perspective. Start with Scripture and look for patterns. Look at history and see the cycles. Look at nature and understand how it works. Look in the heavens and know there are signs put there by God to help us navigate through life.
10. I am not speaking of astrology. But most of all look to Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of your faith to give you the Holy Spirit and to lead you into all truth. Much too often we pass along generational curses with our words and ignorant behaviors. Many fathers and mothers who have unresolved issues from the past declare that they will never be like their parents, only to find themselves displaying attitudes that disappoint and condemn themselves.
CONCLUSION: The child of God is to be an imitator of the heavenly Father. We imitate those to whom we have given our attention and we learn their pattern of doing things. Are you harboring unforgiving beyond a 24 hour pattern (Do Not Let The Sun Go Down On Your Anger) and resentment toward an earthly parent (whose time span may or may not have expired and whose time span is continuing with you in a numerical continuity), you create a spiritual chaotic disorder that breeds all kinds of dysfunctions we spiritually call Curses. Rather give allegiance and preeminence to the God of your salvation for grace not just to forgive but to ensure that biological clock is not set aback - disrupted, mispositioned, diverted or destitute. Let us forgive the past generation their mistakes so that we may be forgiven to progress.
I call heaven and earth (in their times and seasons) as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life (in its time connectedness), that both you and your descendants may live.—Deuteronomy 30:19
For He who is mighty has done great things for me,
And holy is His name.
And His mercy is on those who fear Him
From generation to generation.
Abba Father, thank You for sending Jesus who brought us out from under doom by taking the curse for our wrong-doing upon Himself. We have witnessed the fruit of disobedience and ignorance of times, seasons and numbers — the iniquities of the fathers passed down to the present generation. We repent and renounce our sins - the cycles and numbers thereof and the sins of our ancestors, and we ask You to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. In the name of Jesus we break generational curses of our earthy fathers and bow ourselves before You, our heavenly Father who is faithful, forgiving, loving, kind, compassionate, and full of mercy. Amen.