The Year of Fruitfulness
"I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep My covenant with you. You will still be eating last year's harvest when you will have to move it out to make room for the new. I will put My dwelling place among you, and I will not abhor you. I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be My people. I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high." Leviticus 26: 9-13
But carefully note the Word: "...and make you fruitful..."
1. This Year 2009 (like no other year) is the season to experience that it is God alone who makes us fruitful! Although we put effort into cooperating with the Holy Spirit and His leading, ultimately, fruitfulness is a gift from God. And this is our portion this Year 2009 - the Year of Numbers.
2. It is very important we know how to deal with NUMBERS especially the 10 Digits and how they are given to us to know times and season like the sons of Issachar in 1 Chr. 12:32. Our gifts and talents are wonderful things especially the gift of knowing what times we are in and what the season is all about. But trusting in them apart from God's favor and the gift of fruitfulness that only He can give will leave us impotent.
3. The amazing thing about the "gift of fruitfulness" is that we find our efforts produce fruit as we partner with the Holy Spirit in reaping the fruits of Numbers. Not only that, but we enter into personal fruitfulness of rest, peace and joy that is not present when our gifts are used merely in our own strength without the wisdom of God as that given to the sons of Issachar. We need to allow Him to make us fruitful through wisdom and understanding of times so that we do not enter into a place of being driven by fear or lack.
4. The Year 2009, it is very important that we remember that it is His good pleasure to give His children fruitfulness through wisdom and understanding of times! As we begin the year 2009, let us remember that there are nine fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) and nine gifts of the Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:8-10). This Year 2009, we will see the Body of Christ enter into the fullness of the fruit and gifts of the Spirit.
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23
5. What does it mean the operate on the understanding of times? Examine the principle of the sons of Issachar since their leaders were 200. Two is the number of agreement and the double zero are the numbers of heightened intensity of agreement. This year if we shall all come into agrement, we would then fully realize all that God in Christ Jesus has for us as a Church. It shall come to pass that, "To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge. The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing. He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said. It is the One and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have." 1 Corinthians 12:8-11
I say Maranatha to you. And God richly bless you.
In His Righteousness,
M. Joe Omeokwe, Ph.D.
Vineyard International Christian Ministries
1140 Teller Avenue
Bronx, NY 10456, USA.
(718) 538-9211 (Church)
(718) 542-7417 (Fax & 24 Hr. Hotline)